Tuesday, 30 April 2013
DIY Household Remedies for your Home
There are many different natural ingredients that you can use around your home to get every day cleaning down.
Replacing your chemical cleaners with a few of these ingredients can turn your home into a greener chemical free sanctuary.
Here are some top cleaning ingredients and simple recipes you can adopt around your home!
Items you can use : Castile Soap, Baking Soda, Tea Tree Oil, White Distilled Vinegar, Natural Lemon Juice, your Favourite Scented Essential Oils,
Castile Soap: Castile soap is a natural vegetable oil that can be found in a soap bar or liquid form. The uses for castile soap are endless since a little bit goes along way. Castile soap makes an excellent toilet bowl scrub, hair moisturiser, and floor cleaner.
For a great floor cleaner: mix several table spoons of liquid soap in a bucket of water and stir gently. This floor cleaner is great for an outdoor porch and drive way.
Baking Soda: Next to vinegar baking soda is one of the most versatile ingredients you can you can use as safe substitute cleaner. Baking soda is completely toxic free and is cheap. Here are some great ways to use Baking Soda in your home
1) If you have a smelly trash can sprinkle some baking soda in the trash to neutralize the smell
2) If you have kitchen surfaces that need a quick clean up then this can be done by sprinkling baking soda on the counter and wiping it with a warm cloth
3) Polish your silver using 3 parts baking soda and one part water (create a smooth paste)
4) If your carpets are suffering from pet urine, clean the mess up and then sprinkle baking soda and let it sit for 10 minutes before vacuuming.
Vinegar: White distilled vinegar is amazing for cleaning and disinfecting. White distilled vinegar is popularly used around the home because its high level acidity that is effective for killing most molds, bacteria and germs.
If you have the H2O Mop X5 - ELITE, then fill your water tank with a diluted solution of 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water. The X5 Elite Steam mop is a brilliant way to use natural steam and a vinegar solution to clean wash room tiles and floors.
Another great way to use vinegar is for dishes, pots and pans and plastic lunch containers to remove stains and deodorize.
Tea Tree Oil: Concentrated Tea Tree Oil is a widely known germicide, fungicide and bactericide. If you want to keep your home germ free the non-chemical way then Tea Tree Oil is definitely something you want to try.
1) Get rid of mildew and mold by mixing several drops of tea tree oil and hot water in a spray bottle. Spray carpets or walls that smell of mildew and do not wash or rinse out. Leave the solution on the stain to remove the smell
2) Use drops of tea tree oil in your laundry, beddings and towels to remove the old smell of mold.
Scented essential oils: Most essential oils have antibacterial, anti-fungal properties and are an excellent way to mix them in with other natural cleaning solutions. If you have the H2O Mop X5- ELITE steam cleaner, you can add a couple drops of your favourite scented essential oil to the water tank for a refreshing clean smell.
The best for cleaning are lemon, grapefruit, eucalyptus, peppermint, tea tree, lavender, and rosemary.
If you don't own the H2O MOP X5- ELITE yet, Visit this site and ORDER yours TODAY!