SOME GREAAATTTTTTTT LOWER BODY SHAPING TIPS
Leg Exercise 1: Lunges
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart and then take one giant step forward with your right foot.
- Place your hands on your hips for balance and then lower your body straight down until your back leg forms a right angle at the knee.
- Using your leg muscles, slowly raise yourself back up.
- Repeat the movement for three sets of 30 repetitions for each leg.
Leg Exercise 2: Pliès
- Stand with your feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart.
- Take one small step out with each foot and then turn your feet outward like a duck.
- Place your hands on your hips or hold the back of a chair for support.
- Keeping you back straight, gently lower your entire body down about six inches and then raise it back up slowly.
- Repeat the movement for three sets of 30 repetitions.
Leg Exercise 3: Heel Raises
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. You may want to place your hands on your hips to help with balance.
- Raise your body up onto your tiptoes and hold it for a few seconds. Lower back down slowly.
- Repeat this leg exercise for three sets of 40 heel raises.
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart and arms by your sides.
- Keep an upright posture and slowly lower buttocks as though about to sit down in a chair. Lower several inches and then slowly stand up.
- Do three sets of 20 squats.
Leg Exercise 5: Lateral Raises
- Begin with your weight on your left foot and your right foot pointed out at an angle.
- Hold on to a chair or wall for balance and slowly raise and lower your right leg out to the side. You don't have to lift your leg high; just raise it as far as is comfortable.
- Do at least 3 sets of 20 repetitions for each leg.
- Stand again with your weight on your left foot.
- Raise and point your right foot in front of you.
- Slowly move your right foot and leg across your left leg. If you do not feel stress in your inner thigh, turn your leg so that the inner thigh is facing the ceiling and slowly sweep the leg back and forth across the other.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 20 repetitions for each leg.